Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Joy of Giving - Week 12 - Card 12

Its been three months....well, almost... since I posted the first Joy of Giving card.
This week the card is a tad tough. 






It is not easy to be friendly with strangers in our country. We are vary of strangers smiling at us (I am talking from a woman's perspective), especially when the stranger happens to be a man, and often have to respond with a scowl (because frankly, you just DON'T know what is going on in his mind). 


Many times I've had a bad experience when I've been just cordial with a stranger too. You can read about one such experience here...


But, since it IS the Joy of Giving, I am going to attempt this one. I will start with the public place I am comfortable with. Either the mall near my locality or the CCD... I still haven't decided upon what quotes I will use, but will share it when I create my doc.


Hope all of you will also join in and spread the joy :-)


To join the Joy of Giving just follow the cards every week and post your experiences in a public forum - your own blog, note on FaceBook - or leave your story in the comment section of this blog. 


To know how it started click here

To track the Joy of Giving through the past twelve weeks, click here

DO spread the message of this unique movement. Encourage your friends to start following the cards and spreading joy... Do remember to tag me in your posts...



4 comments:

abhilash.p said...

complete strangers you say??hmm... that leaves food for thought. Would people mind if some random person with a smile just hands them a card with quotes on it?? :)

p.s,my new post-

new post

please click that follow button on my blog! :)

Rahmath said...

Hi ritu, This is very tough and i have no idea whether i would do it. I know it would do wonders for the self confidence but it's sooooooooooooooo difficult. btw my hubby absolutely refused to be anywhere near me when i hand out the quotes.So i decided i will have them in my purse and when i have courage i will distribute them ...maybe in a year ,maybe 10 years....Will get back to you when i do so.Meanwhile...still waiting for the 13th card.Hope its an easy one :)

Unknown said...

I am going try today Abhilash and Rahmath :-)

Unknown said...

And Rahmath, I am hoping you will share your wonderful experience sooooon :-)