Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Vote counts Mr Thackeray


Hubby and I have enrolled into the voter's list in Pune. The procedure was a lot easier than we'd anticipated.

Now there are two more votes that will count. 

Suresh Kalmadi: We've been in Pune for just about three years and noticed that the only time you actually made your presence in this city was during the CYG. Else it seems you care two hoots about the constituency that took you to the Lok Sabha. We've seen your pictures flashed in several Page 3 dos. But seldom seen a comment or remark about the poor state of this city. What have you done for the city in these five years? Now you come back begging for votes and claim you have an action plan for Pune called Vision 2020. Where was this foresight when you were elected the last time around? Would Pune have the worst traffic in the country? Would it bear the brunt of 'no planning' and an absolutely lackadaisical attitude of the powers that be on all fronts, including civic issues and the rapid urbanisation? Would Pune have gone from Pensioner's Paradise to Paradise Lost (I take the liberty of using John Milton's famous poem)? Think about it: Do you really deserve my vote?

MNS Candidate: I am a North Indian who is a voter in Maharashtra. Now! How the hell did that happen. Fortunately for the country, the CONSTITUTION still views us as 'Indians' first! Can you get past the anti-North Indian tirade and get my Vote? Didn't think you would be interested. But mark my words when I say, "My vote counts Mr Thackeray."

D S Kulkarni: Whaaaatttt? How come? Shocking! How can Mayawati override the VERY reason BSP gained popularity since the days of Kanshi Ram? Dalit politics, caste politics...forgotten to get votes? Whatever happened to "ideology"? Tut! Tut!

Choosing someone from a cesspool of 'politicians' is going to be tough call. But I am certain that my vote will count..at the end of the day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

AmitL said...

Hi,Ritu-all the best- firstly,to vote for the best(?) candidate and secondly,for seeing them again for 4 yrs and 364 days, if they are elected.:)

The Seeker said...

That'a a timely post and well, Lets show them the power of people

Indian Home Maker said...

Wow! And that's just because I read the post name :)
Now let me read the post!

Anonymous said...

So you have been in Pune for 3 years?
Have you tried learning to speak Marathi in these 3 years? If no then you would know why MNS candidate will get the votes.

Unknown said...

Hi Anon: wow...thats quite a presumption. How do u know if I can understand marathi or speak the language? I do understand marathi...well enough to be able to cover the length and breadth of the city talking to people.. I am a journalist, remember.... I find my way around even the best marathi bastions of the city... I am learning to speak.. And since when did learning a language become a pre-requisite for moving into another part of my own motherland????? Isn't all of India MINE?