Monday, December 12, 2011

Joy of Giving - Week 14 - Card 14



Thought I need to stick to the New Card Every Monday schedule I followed in the early days of this exercise.

So here is the card for this week.


Personally I am capable of 'silence' but completely incapable of focussing on the silence. So I take up this card as a challenge. In the process I hope to learn to keep my mind from drifting during my tri-weekly yoga sessions.

I have added a new page to my blog titled Joy Of Giving where I have posted all the cards selected so far. Those of you who'd like to start this exercise from the beginning, do check it out, choose the card you like, and follow the instructions! 

OR

To join the Joy of Giving just follow the cards every week and post your experiences in a public forum - your own blog, note on FaceBook - or leave your story in the comment section of this blog.

To know how it started click here.

To track the Joy of Giving through the past fourteen weeks, click here

DO spread the message of this unique movement. Encourage your friends to start following the cards and spreading joy... Do remember to tag me in your posts...

9 comments:

MUSA said...

Mind-blowing.... :-)

Rahmath said...

oops! i thought i had a week for the chai thing.... Have to do it soon then.Maybe today.lets see

Unknown said...

Hey Rahmath, take your time with the chai thing :-) This can start today... Infact I am also going to give chai tonight...

Just Someone said...

Tried... silence is possible... but very tough to keep the mind silent... will try... maybe one minute at a time...

Unknown said...

Dear JS:

I am "struggling" with five minutes of silence. I realised how incapable I am of controlling my mind. No wonder my life is also the same way - running amok while I stand and wonder where time went, what I did for the past 38 years etc... Just need to get a grip. I will pray that both of us do.

Just Someone said...

Thank you... I read somewhere that the moment you stop trying to control anything... then there wouldnt be any need to control anything...
I know its difficult...like some of the cards here...but not impossible...

Unknown said...

I agree... JS

Just Someone said...

Hi I have been trying to do this almost everyday and found out that this helps.
Since it was ( still - is )not possible to control the wavering thoughts totally, I decided that I would let my mind drift - on thoughts,people,incidents that makes/made me happy.I realised
1.that troubles always are more forceful in invading your mind than happy thoughts.
2.That with some effort it was possible to focus my mind on what made me happy... what i enjoyed...to think of the people whom i loved being with...to think of someones smile... ( and yeah I need to add that sex was also a thought which helped me focus in one of the sessions :-) )
I love this card... and is trying to make it a part of my day

Unknown said...

Thats so inspiring JS! I am going to post this on the blog as an experience!