Saturday, August 11, 2012

Joy of Giving - Card 34 - We made paper bags

When every word you type begins to sound like an excuse, we must stop and reconsider what we are about to express.

My absence from the blog world and the Joy of Giving, which looking back I now realise was over a month ago, has been quite inexplicable, even to me. I was and still am going through a phase of turmoil, which (this being my blog, you'll just have to read about it) boring as it may sound, is a sort of identity crisis one faces when one is out of a job (out of choice) and therefore with much time at their hands; which despite their best efforts and intention, is spent largely pursuing 'relaxation' and 'leisure', but which at the end of the day makes them want to run away because they realised they didn't really enjoy the so called sabbatical or break...simply because they never thought it would leave them feeling so useless and unproductive.

So a lesson learnt the hard way is that people like me are incapable of actual relaxation until we believe in our hearts we've earned it. Strangely, for the four years of virtually non-stop, almost-workaholic life I led, I now believe a 15 days break (including the ten glorious days I spent in Bhutan) would be 'enough' for me; and now that I have ended up extending to SIX months, I am almost crying out of boredom and the monotony of having "nothing" to do!

Phew! Now that I am done rambling, which any of you who are still visiting my blog (after my disappearances, I won't blame you if you've removed me from your blog reader too), have just had had to put up with, I can get down to the actual reason I began writing this post.

We made 15 paper bags. Yes, finally we did. The daughter, the son and I sat for less than an hour and made 15 bags out of newspaper. We did use a lots of stapling pins and some tape. All in all, it made us feel immensely satisfied. Tomorrow we will try and hand it over to a store-keeper who needs them and will put them to good use... 

Joy of Giving, sorry to have neglected you for a month, but I am back!


4 comments:

MUSA said...

Hahahaha

There is no question of removing you from the blog-reader(mind), until it is able to access....

And yes kudos to your efforts....

You set an example by practicing what you preach....

We are your avid readers and ardent fans....

:-)

Just Someone said...

Great to see you back...though labelled as rambling... I guess what you have expressed holds true for most of us... wonderfully brought out...

Unknown said...

Thank you soooo much Prancer!

Thank you JS!...

My two regular readers... thank you again :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I work with the HR team at Mahindra Lifespaces (the real estate arm of the Mahindra & Mahindra Group). Just came across your 'Joy of Giving' Cards now.Really liked them. Would like to get them printed and distribute them amongst my colleagues, during the 'Joy of Giving' Week. Are they created by you? Can I use them or is there a copyright on them?
Do write back to me on mathews.samira@mahindralifespaces.com with the details.
Thanks.
Samira