Monday, January 12, 2009

Sign of the times


Five year old Abhir, my son and his five year old friend Vansh having an animated chat about the 'plan' for the evening:

Vansh: "We can go to my house. My mama will let us play video games."

Abhir: "I want to play Power ranger game on the laptop."

Vansh: "We can play power ranger game on the computer in my house. But we have to plug in the internet. I don't know how to plug the internet."

Abhir: "You don't have Google Chrome?" 

Vansh: "I have!"

Abhir: "Then we can play the game!"

Vansh: "Lets go!!!"

Phew!!! Internet? Plug in? Google Chrome? Surely, sign of the times...!


8 comments:

AmitL said...

LOL...Ritu,u find that amazing? This five-year-old son of a relative,was talking to his friend about how he'd mastered cheat codes for some game..Zany,totally!!Ask them about how many people make a cricket team,and,the answer would be..??:)Sign of the times,indeed.

Unknown said...

Yes signs of time. I remember when u where kids anything u did/spoke use to surprise us, but the kids of today r very very fast. Only hope this is fr the good.
The boys looks so CUTE.

Aathira Nair said...

Aww.... I think my generation was te generation of Sega and Nintendo.

This is the generation of Google and products!

But, I know power rangers have stayed put in this fight of generations! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Amit: Thankfully in sleepy Pune this is as far as 5 year olds have reached!

Hey didi: Thank you!

Hi Aathira: I remember Nintendo..and of course, Doordarshan :-D

Anonymous said...

Perplexing..whats Google chrome have to do with it?

Unknown said...

Hello Ritu! What a way to start a day!! I very much enjoyed visiting your blog. Your poem, Abhir Google Chrome, your daughter's swimming pool, your chicken soup.. your world is amazing!

Unknown said...

Hey VS: He thinks the games come only on Google Chrome!!

Hey Ravi: So nice of you to stop by and leave such a sweet comment. Made my day! Thank you and look forward to seeing u here again

Anu Vishal said...

I heard someone saying one day that , these days children are born with electronic chip in their brain. i guess its true!!!