Monday, August 25, 2008

Our perspectives differ-just a bit!!!


One evening Abhir sat doing his home-work. He was writing "mat". He is learning to write independently, without 100% supervision (because that is what I trained Oorja also to do. I think its necessary to teach them to manage home work on their own). Anyways, I come back about 15 minutes later and saw half a page filled neatly with "tam" "tam" "tam".

A few days ago, he wrote "one" neatly in a mirror image in his Math note book.

As a little girl about the same age, Oorja used to do the same. I know that its a phase and they eventually grow out of it. What I wasn't expecting last evening, was this:

Abhir writing Math again, "What comes in-between" 13 __ 15
He wrote 13 41 15.
I asked him "What comes after 13 and before 15?"
He replied, "14."
"Thats correct," I said. "What have you written?" pointing to his book.
"14" came the prompt reply.
I tried another tact. "What is fourteen?"
He said, "One four fourteen."
"What have you written?" again pointing to his book.
"14."
"No beta, you've written four one forty one."
He looked at it carefully for a few minutes and said, "No mama. You can't see it properly. It is one four fourteen!"

A matter of perspective would you say? At age 5, I believe it is!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG how sweet is that!!!

Pretty Woman said...

ha ha ha....perspective, eh? well, he's got a point! :D...I read all ur posts but cant comment coz i read from work thru the google reader...so bear with me! :-)

AmitL said...

hehe..that's one nice perspective ur son has..and,then,perhaps he's preparing himself to come to Dubai someday,where Arabic is written in the same way?Even the pages-the last page is the first page.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ...that was good... (was out for a long time)... good to see your posts..as usual...

Unknown said...

Hey anon: thank u.

Hi Pretty Woman, yep, long time no see!!!

Hey Amit, I suppose we should explore the possibility of him going to an Arab Nation in the future as you said :-D

Hi Just Someone, looooong time no see huh... Thank you...

The Seeker said...

Hey didi!!! Well That was so sweet and so different! well perspectives differ...
and love to him....

Anonymous said...

Hi ... Since I see you have an interesting reading list, I am tagging you to write five quotes from the books that you have read.

Unknown said...

Hey Barath, how u doing??? Will convey your affection to him...

Hey Aneesha...Kewl... Shall do it asap! Thanks too...