Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why not just hold me?

Son walked home with an angry and sad expression together. I guessed it was a fight with a peer.

He did not allow me to touch him or talk to him..pushed me away even as he continued crying.

Why do we often push away the people who love us in our time of grief or sadness? Why don't we let them reach out to us...console us, talk to us?

Because people we love take it upon themselves to "resolve" our problems... They offer us ridiculous solutions, if they're not already criticizing what went wrong and how our attitude or reaction could have been different. Or they smother us with their concern, making us feel hopelessly stupid...

I let him be.

I knew he would come back to me and talk it out.

I was right.

2 comments:

Just Someone said...

Ineresting .... food for thought...

MUSA said...

Interesting indeed.... :-)