Saturday, June 13, 2009

An encounter at Barista


Yesterday I realised that strangers could have the ability to make a regular day truly special, if only you allowed them to.

Last evening, after covering an event, in need of a cup of cappucino, I found myself at Barista.

I walked up to the counter to place my order and came across an amicable fella. We discussed the 'change' I didn't have to give him, and when he asked me my name (to call out when my order would be ready), I felt a strange connection. When you meet people sometimes, don't you feel 'we could be friends??'...if only you could get rid of the inhibition (what will they think?)..... His eyes seemed to be talking to me....

Anyways, after a couple of minutes I received a call that had to be taken out of the cafe, and after I walked back inside, I saw my Cappucino on the table, staring at me with the face of a woman drawn with chocolate sauce!!!

Curvaceous eyebrows, large eyes, a flattish nose and a delightful smile looked back at me, while I sat dazed at his thoughfulness, contemplating awhile if I should empty the sugar sachet into the cup and dissolve the visage. The face was so pretty I didn't have the heart to do it, although eventually the aroma of the cappucino enticed me into it.

I looked around for him and met his eyes and yea...they spoke to me again... Made me feel real special!

Before I left the cafe, I walked up to him and thanked him for the special cuppa. His handshake was firm and he gave me a smile I shan't forget in a long time.

His gesture may have been a figment of my imagination, but I was smiling all the way home.


7 comments:

Arunima said...

aha!

It would be nice to have such faces in the work place too. nai?

Just Someone said...

Goooood... such special encounters are rare... I guess...

Just Someone said...

n beautifully written.....

AmitL said...

Two word comment-Kismat Konnection..hehe..nice post..and,I know what you mean.

Unknown said...

Hey Arunima: You bet!!!

Hey Just Someone: I think its only about keeping your senses open and respecting another person..whoever they may be. And thank you :-)

Hey Amit: haha.. Thank you... I am glad u do becoz some of the adverse comments Ive received so far (privately of course), really had me wondering if this post was wrong.

Just Someone said...

Hi - Long time...?

Avanish said...

Hey, so nice and cute!!