Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Indian Rail Yatra

Yes. Some of us do take the train to destinations that cannot be accessed by air and would be too tedious by road. I've always been intrigued by Indian Railways and the 'system'. This time I thought I'd click a few pictures on the station...


Ever seen a platform so empty?





The wordly belongings of an Army Personnel

Wordly belongings of this young boy's family



Waiting for Godot




Dry Murmura Chaat: Maharashtra Speciality



What a contrast!!! Pune's premier hotel Le Meridian: 5 star comfort faces the city's Railway Station



Drinking water? God forbid!!


A Locked toilet benefits who you said????




From Maharashtra to Andhra Pradesh, platforms and stations look alike. Seen one, then you've seen them all. The Railways should be lauded for this model of replication across the country!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one...

AmitL said...

Hi,Ritu...come to think of it,you're right- railway platforms across the country look identical.:)Lovely pics...the railways've always been my fav. mode of travel..looking fwd to at least 3-4 trips during my trip to India,rather,Baroda, from tomorrow.:)
---
Of course,in Gujarat,there's one difference-the Shauchalaya is called 'Saarvajanik jaajru tatha mutardi'...don't ask me to translate...it's too funny to pronounce,as such!!:)))

Aathira Nair said...

I so agree with you Ritu

You've seen one, you've seen it all :)

I wonder how they never got bored of the same design, its not even like all the stations were made at the same point in time!

Arunima said...

hiya! there is still no railway connectivity in my state. so, I cannot even crib about bad water or bad facility.

I love train journeys if it is in a group.

Pretty Woman said...

How quirky are you? You have been tagged! Check my blog for details :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Just Someone... Long time no see????

Hey Amit, I undersatnd gujju you know :-D

Hey Aathira, I was wondering that too you know!

Hi Arunima... Isn't that pathetic??? The furthest I have been in the North East is Meghalaya and Kohima & Dimapur (in Nagaland). Was bowled over by the stark beauty of the place...and of course by the lack of what we would perceive as basic amenities... But then that was 10 years ago and I am sad to know that things havent changed much since then...

Hey Pretty Woman, Sure shall check it out!

Unknown said...

Great.
Ifeel like going on a long train trip

viji paul said...

hi!
i dont remember seeing any station this empty. realy a good shot.

Unknown said...

Hi Didi.... Take a trip and come to Pune... We shall have loads of fun!!!

Hi Viji... So nice of you to drop by!!!! I went to your blog... Cool toons I must say... And then we have TOI in common between us... Cool....