Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Teacher’s Day wishes


Recently I started teaching at a Mass communication Institute at Pune.

After my first guest lecture, (which turned out to be a roaring success…apparently the students gave me an excellent feedback), I was inspired to join the Institute as a Guest Lecturer taking an important subject called Media Management.

Today was my second class.

I took two sessions back to back and was dog tired by the time I was done. My mood was elevated as the class dispersed and I stood gathering my belongings from the table….and almost every student in class came up to me and wished me “Happy Teacher’s Day Ma’am”….

I was elated! I know that the feedback for this session will be as good as the first one.

Reached home and as we picked the children from their day-care in the evening, my daughter gave me a card for ‘Teacher’s Day’.

Surprised? So was I!

And this what her colourful hand-made card said:

I love mom because she is a writer and a college teacher. You are the best mom and teacher. All the teachers shout at me for nothing, but you are only a teacher who doesn’t shout for anything.

I love you very very much. Please never leave me and support me always.

A poem for you –

Roses are red

Violets are blue

But nobody has a mom like you.

Her brother gave me a card too. 

Oorja's Card

Abhir's Card

Please forgive me if I am gloating today. I think I earned it!!!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that u r teaching, all the best. It feels great when students come up to u in a big crowd & wish u. I feel on top of the world then.
Oorja is growing up to be "our kuku". Abir's card is soo cute.
U have every right to feel proud.
God Bless u all.

Unknown said...

Hi didi, I got my inspiration from you and jijaji. This is the best way we can give something back to society. Thank you for the wishes...

Vineet Rajan said...

those are very cute kids i must say and you have the right to gloat after all that! :)

Unknown said...

Ritu,

Its nice to see you in different roles. I am happy for the students who has got teacher like you !

good going !

Unknown said...

Hey Vinni, Aren't they abs darlings!!!!

Hi Nisheeth, nice to see you here! And thank you so very much for the kind words....

Agnes Rajesh said...

Hey Ritu
That the bestest thing I've heard in a long time. Congrats and I agree completely with Oorja. You are indeed a blessing -lucky students. Way to go buddy! All the best. I am soooo happy for you.

Unknown said...

Hey buddy.....Thank you so very much for your wishes... You know how much it means to me......

Pretty Woman said...

wow!! that is so thoughtful of the kids and you deserve all the adulation!!!

I am sooo happy for you...keep going babes!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great.... the crds from kids are real cute....

Unknown said...

Hey janani...thank you for the wishes..

Hey Just Someone. Thank u too

Arunima said...

such lovely kids you have!

Unknown said...

Hey Arunima: thanks a TON... I know

Romila said...

This is so sweet. I credit this to the mom's upbringing.

Unknown said...

Hey Romila: Thats sooooo sweet of you! I hope it is true!